In view of the spate of incessant gruesome killings in Nigeria, and in solidarity with the Diocese of Makurdi and every family who has lost a dear one in every unfortunate circumstance, irrespective of creed, tribe, religion or political affiliation, we join all Catholics and all men and women of goodwill to express our deepest displeasure with the current state of the nation.
Nature of demonstration: Peaceful, Prayerful, processional and organized movement.
Convener of the demonstration: The Catholic Archbishop of Lagos
Date: Tuesday May 22, 2018.
Kick off venue: St Leo’s Catholic Church, Ikeja.
Time: 10am with the Holy Mass.
Destination of Demonstration: From St Leo’s Ikeja to Governor’s Office, Alausa, Ikeja
Dress Code: Priests are to be in cassock, Sisters in their habits, while all the laity should be in at least a White Top (T-shirt, shirt, buba etc). Wear comfortable shoes/sandals for a proper walk.
Central Message of the Demonstration:
- Stop the killings in Nigeria
- Federal government must wake up to its responsibility of protecting the life of EVERY NIGERIAN irrespective of creed, tribe or political affiliation.
- Federal government must guarantee safety of life and property of every Nigerian everywhere at all times.
- Life is sacred; therefore it must be cherished and protected by all means.
What Are We Doing?
- Praying for the repose of the souls of all those murdered
- Praying for peace in Nigeria
- Praying for healing and restoration in all attacked communities
- Drawing global attention to the on-going carnage in Nigeria
- Setting an agenda for the true national discourse
- Speaking to the government to wake up to their responsibilities
Some rules during the procession:
- Everyone should come with rosary and a hymn book
- Earnestly pray and sing along
- Avoid greeting people on the way or idle talks
- No buying of things (snacking) along the way during the procession
- Don’t litter the roads with trash
- No unapproved placards or posters or messages unless the ones produced by the committee. No chanting of sectarian slogans or inciting comments.
- Strictly follow the directives of the police, LASTMA officials and the MOD and keep in line.
Please let us make it as peaceful and orderly as possible!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
NB: There will be no afternoon masses in all parishes in the Archdiocese of Lagos.
Most Rev Alfred A. Martins
Archbishop of Lagos.
This Social Media Promotion is sponsored by the new Catholic Mobile Radio (Nigeria). You can listen to the radio and enjoy rich Catholic songs and prayers on www.catholicmobileradio.com or http://bit.ly/cmrstreamonline or download the application from Google Play Store at http://bit.ly/catholicmobileradioapp
HOMELESS DISPLACED CHRISTIANS NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
Catholic Mobile Radio & The Missionis Initiative is on a campaign to get 1000 Catholics to donate any amount that they can to the displaced Christians, especially Catholic faithful’s in Benue and other states where herdsmen have attacked. The money gathered from this campaign will be presented to the Archdiocese of Lagos for onward transfer to the Diocese of Maiduguri and others.
Benefits of donating:
(1) You will be contributing to the livelihood of someone in need and by this, you will fulfill Jesus’s admonition that ‘what so ever you do to the least of my brother, that you do on to me’
(2) A special mass will be offered for your intentions.
(3) We will publish your names on the radio and here on facebook asking people to pray for you for your support. (if you don’t want this, in spirit, we will replace your name with ANNONYMOUS)
(4) We will give you a copy of Rev Fr Femi Orilua’s book titled “THE PASSOVER [A 14 day special prayers of personal and family deliverance]” absolutely free of charge.
HOW TO DONATE
(a) Click on this link to use this secured payment (you can either use your atm or through bank deposit) è https://paystack.com/pay/catholicrelieffunds-
(b) When making the payment using the link above, please fill all portions with your details so that we can get back to you with your benefits including the free powerful book titled “THE PASSOVER [A 14 day special prayers of personal and family deliverance]”